New plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a room skimmed and have applied mist coat (Dulux trade vinyl matt emulsion thinned 50/50). The coat now shows up a blemish or two, nothing major (kinda 1 inch long little bits here and there), but how best to fix them?

I assume if I sand the blemishes away the paint will come off, should I then reapply thinned paint to the areas?

Also had another room skimmed, not mist coated yet. I have a very very fine hairline crack 3 inches long along a plasterboard join. How best to deal with it?

Sponsored Links
Scrape the worst off the crack with a scraper then sand lightly..it should be ok..id rub down the whole wall for good measure.

As for the plasterboard crack...paint over it for now until the wall settles in place, if you try an rake it out youl probably damage the joint tape underneath...causing a worse problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back