wiring double pole sockets

IFH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m daisy chaining dual pole sockets. Normally, for single pole, I’d run the cables from terminal to terminal but I’m a little unsure as to how to add in the second earth terminal.

I assume that it’s permissible to just add a loop of (insulated) wire between the two earth terminals to connect the second one. I’m planning to use a piece of earth cable from flat twin and earth for the loop between the two earth terminals.

Am I correct in this. I hope my explanation is understandable. Any help and advice would be gratefully received.

IFH

Sponsored Links
AFAIK, the 2 earth terminals have an internal link anyway, so theres no need to connect them together. Just stick both earth wires into the one terminal.

I think you mean the ones where there is a metal strip running around the top of the socket, with an earth terminal on this strip, and one integral to the socket itself. You should be able to see where the metal strip tees off into the socket itself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back