Potterton Lynx - no spark

tk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, was wondering if you could help with some advice. I 'inherited' a Potterton Lynx Electronic combi-boiler when I bought my current property. It was installed back in 1987, and in the last 10 years it's had two new diverter valves fitted (last one this summer) and a new pcb (about 7 years ago). It now won't fire up when either CH or HW is turned on. The pressure seems okay at just over 1 bar, the CH pump runs and the fan runs.

Initially I got a repeating spark but the burners did not ignite (no gas flow?). Now I don't get a spark at all. Am I looking at a new sequence/distribution board. Having checked the net, the pair look to cost around £250 to £300, plus VAT. Or would I be better off with a new boiler, bearing in mind it's age, etc. If so, any recommendations, the boiler will run 6 medium sized rads. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers...Terry.

Sponsored Links
worth £50 to have someone look at it, but not £300 for anyparts.

Sponsored Links
sounds like the 407687, but, yes, the 407685 could also be a problem

buy a recon 407687 and see if it cures it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back