central heating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anybody come across same problem as i have. Just moved into new house central heating playing up,rads upstairs getting hot downstairs cold.Had corgi reg guy out changed control switch new three way valve and new pump drained the system and filled it from bottom rad but had rads warm not red hot .Since then rads down stairs cold again plus reset button keeps tripping out and when you stop pump you can hear it bubbleing up does any one know how to fix problem thanks

Sponsored Links
Sue the surveyer and ask you rplumber which house to buy next time.

Get the plumber back to clear airlocks.

what happens when you turn the ones upstairs off at one end?

please tell me he tried this first??

rob884 said:

He tried allsorts came back next day but still could not sort it he wanted to buy bigger pump the new one he put on was supposed to be bigger than origanal one but could'nt say that would sort it out

Sponsored Links
picko said:
rob884 said:

He tried allsorts came back next day but still could not sort it he wanted to buy bigger pump the new one he put on was supposed to be bigger than origanal one but could'nt say that would sort it out
just tried your idea turned off one side upstairs one side some of rads getting warm downstairs most of them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back