Zanussi WJS-1397W Main Motor and/or Programmer/Timer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, my first post here.
Zanussi WJS-1397W, Product No 914639503 00.
The washing machine is about 5 years old now.
It had the main motor replaced about 1 year ago, when 1 segment on the armature lifted and destroyed the motor bushes. Very spectacular fireworks display under the machine, before the house circuit breakers tripped.
Now the programmer/timer seems to be faulty. I can manually turn the programmer and get the machine to fill, pump water around internally and empty OK.
The programmer/timer does not move by its self, and is noisy.
However I did expect that when manually turning the programmer/timer that I would also get the main motor turning, but this does not happen. When I think that the main motor should be turning, there is a louder buzzing from the programmer/timer.
I don't mind replacing the programmer/timer (well I do, just before Christmas) but if the main motor and/or the motor controller are also faulty then the machine is probably beyond economic repair.
So how do I check that the main motor and controller is ok without first replacing the programmer/timer?
Thanks for any help.
Tony

I have now replaced the programmer/timer unit.
It has made no difference to the fault.
I have removed and cleaned the filter housing (very mucky inside), cleaned out the rubber outlet that feeds the water exit pump (gained £2.20 in change and a bra wire), removed and checked both pressure switches by blowing inside them and hearing the contacts click, one has 3 clicks and the other 2 clicks, and blown down both pressure rubber tubes to check that they are clean.
Removed and checked the motor speed control PCB, looks ok, but can only test a few components with a DMM.
Still faulty.
When I switch on the machine and try program G, Long Spin, the water exit pump comes on, there is 240v at the timer motor, and thats how it stays till I move the program control or switch it off.

Any ideas, please?

Sponsored Links

I am sorry you feel that way.

But may I take this opportunity to quote forum rule 1
1) Please be patient for a reply

(most "regulars" are out at work, they will post a reply when they are able)

If you get no reply its because no one knows the answer

please note forum rule 20

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back