Loft conversion & doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please could someone clarify the requirement for self closing doors when you have a loft conversion. I read somewhere that all the doors in the house have to be fitted with a self closing device butthen I read somewhere else that in fact only the door into the new loft area needs to be self closing. Does anyone know which it is?. Living in a house with all the doors self closing would drive me mad.

Thanks

Mark

Sponsored Links
There are no national rules on lofts and fire doors,so it is really down to what your local BC would stipulate

markie said:
Every door has to have a self closing device, apart from toilets/bath rooms/ if it's done by regs.
my mates having his bungalow loft converted into 2 beds and a bathroom,his builder says he doesn`t need fire doors or closers ?

Sponsored Links
Thats because the rules regarding a protected escape route only come into play above two storeys

A loft conversion to a bungalow just makes it a normal two storey house

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back