atag vs viessmann

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Gang

Have installed several viessmann 100s and one 200 with weather comp and cylinder sensor. The latter was very tasty indeed. Am now quoting for a job requiring a 35kw 300. However have just heard about the Atag q series with similar features, better fluing options but no expansion vessel included (no big deal). What is your experience of these machines with weather comp, please? They look top banana.

Yours

Lurcher

Sponsored Links
The machinery looks good on Viessman, but I find the documentation and the control panel a complete nightmare on the 200s I come across..so much so that I have found people operating them from the fused spur as they had given up trying to use the panel. There seemed to be about four different books with one of them!!!

Its put me off them a bit, well a lot actually.

Alfredo

Alfredo said:
The machinery looks good on Viessman, but I find the documentation and the control panel a complete nightmare on the 200s I come across..
Alfredo

yes there are 3? variants of control panel and you select parameters by turning the little dials. Not very intuitive and puts me off too. The business end of the boiler is good though!

I like Atags. Menus are easy to navigate on the boiler and the 'brain' (prog roomstat) allows you to setup more parameters via the LCD display, eg legionella for the cylinder I can even talk a user through the menus over the phone. Call for heat on the cylinder can be either a closed contact or you can wire in a temp probe directly to the cylinder.

the viessmann controls can be quite complex but like anything else if you read the instructions then they become simple. I have a weather compensation control on a Vitodens 300 and i must admit i wouldn't like to try and explain to an elderly person how to use it. There fore i probably wouldn't fit a Viessmann boiler for someone who is not "techincally minded". I have never come across an Atag so i can't comment on them. The controls on a Viessmann are top draw but you defo need the instruction booklet.

Sponsored Links
Thank you All

Is it true that Atag do training in Holland?
By the way, is that Micky P formerly of Dulwich patch?

Lurcher

lurcher said:
Thank you All

Is it true that Atag do training in Holland?
By the way, is that Micky P formerly of Dulwich patch?

Lurcher

not me :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back