Help! needed on offsetting WC cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any recommendations?

I need to fit a wallhung pan, but the (hidden) cistern cannot fit squarely behind it, the pan inlet will be about 150mm off centre of the cistern, & the cistern cannot be wider than 480mm. I'm really reluctant to start introducing bends in pipes unless I can find a pan that can cope with the potentially reduced flow. I dont think Grohe have anything that would fit :(

Sponsored Links
Using a blowtorch to bend the flushpipe, although some of them seem to burn and harder to bend nice soft angle.

Al

Thanks Al, but exactly what Im worried about - pipe will only be about 300mm long - heat bending is going to introduce someting like 2 x 45 degree bends - I need to be confident that this wont disrupt water flow so much that the lav wont flush! I know some pans are more efficient flushers than others, but i dont know which!!

If the cistern is higher than a close coupled one I wouldn't worry about a couple of 45's. I've done it with 32mm solvent weld fittings.

The bad flushers are the ones where the cross sectional area of the waterway from the "pool" is too big - the water flow is too low and nothing gets cleared.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Chris! most encouraging.

Are you referring to the ones where most of the pan is full of water before flushing?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back