please can you help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have had problems with my heating it was fine last year but now when i put it on it would not work, i called a plumber out who after looking around told me he thinks it needs cleaning to which he did he put some kind of stuff in the tank in the loft then came back after a 3 week wait he then took all the rad of and cleaned them out after setting all the rad back on and playing with them he said it would be ok now, well it never was and i still keep getting the problems he returned and after an hour or so of messing with them he said the pump seemed ok but was old and should not get as hot as it was and would change it for another amount of money but also it could be the therm coupling (i think) more money being on my own with very little spare x refusing to help i was hoping someone could direct me how to go, it is an old back boiler and he said it is gravity fed and way out of date yet till now has served me and the kids fine hot water is ok but very little heating

Sponsored Links
Ever heard of full stops? That is hard work to read mate!

Being more specific would help also, "problems with heating" is very vague.

Sounds like he thought the problem was sludge, and taking all the rads off for a clean is a good way to deal with it.
Sludge wears pumps, and if the water isn't getting round now, then it's a likely culprit. CHanging a pump can be a quick job or a long one, but wouldn't normally be more than say £150.

Thermocouple problems would mean you'd have to light the boiler a lot - unrelated to general performance. Not a huge job, but they are deep inside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back