low pressure - cold showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Triton Opal shower that was installed about 2 years ago. It was working fine - powerful and hot and then suddenly the water pressure seems to have reduced and the shower light for \\\"low pressure\\\" shows and it runs cold. We live in a flat and the shower is run from the mains cold water supply. I note the above comments about my model of shower and installing pumps, but just wanted to check everything before going to the expense of buying a new shower etc.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I thought you could read our minds.

Do you think it's the shower unit that needs replacing, or do you think I just need to have a pump fitted? Or alternatively, would you recommend just getting one of those showers with the built in pump designed for low water pressure?

Shower feed may be blocked. Worth undoing and checking the inlet filter.

Whats the pressure like at the taps?

Sponsored Links
Wow - I have the same problem with my Opal shower, sometimes on sometimes 'low pressure' light. Have you managed to fix it or did you have to buy a new shower. My Mother-in law is coming for Christmas and I need a shower for then.
Thanks

Are you sure these are on the mains? If so, you can't pump it.

Why don't you ring the Triton customer service department. They are extremely helpful. Your shower might still be under guarantee.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back