Central heating Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
central heating problem driving me crazy. i have wall hung system boiler with indyrect cylinder. all upstairs 4 rads get hot. there are two rads in kitchen on drops which get hot. there are 4 rad down stairs which are on a run under concrete floor. the 1st one gets hot 2nd and 3rd dont really. hot at top cool at bottom. 4th one gets hot. have had sludge remover done. no change. might b air locked in pipe wk so had auto matic air vents in cylinder cupboard and two high points for air to work its way to. still no change. finally had 2nd and 3rd rads replaced with new ones and pipe work brought down on drops to them. still no change but little better. at total loss. need help. is the pump not powerful enough? pump does work.

Sponsored Links
tryed doing that to push the heat round. but not much joy.the flow got hot but return just off cold. with rad s only getting hot half way down. new vlaves have been fitted to allrads still did the same. at real loss with this system.

Sponsored Links
that what i thought.it must be air locking up some where but with out ripping up all floor boards. must admit when looking under there did not look great job.

all other radiators are fine apart from these two . even before they where on drops. all rads up stairs work fine. would fitting bigger power pump help or would that just cause it to pump over.

suspose omly way to fix it would be to find al pipe runs and see if any dodgy pipe work. up stairs not too much of problem but the pipes under the conrete would be.

under concrete shouldn't be causing a problem there must be a dodgy bit upstairs

reading again, Have you renewed the pump if not before you start ripping the house apart maybe you should consider a new pump

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back