Tiling on to ply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thankyou ...jase ...:)

richie , this isnt anything about falling out.lol...lol
its about a fool here giving bad advice an giving someone a potential nightmare in repair bills ,
or would you rather I say NOTHING an let him tell people how to do a bodge job ?

joes just going about trolling/flaming ..

Sponsored Links
Moz
I didn't think for one second that you was wrong, but it would be better to trash Jo on the general discussion page after you'd given your advice, rather than getting involved in a slanging match on the tiling page where folk are seeking friendly advice.
you know we're good Moz. ;)

richie
I didnt want the argument , an I didnt give him one , I gave the CORRECT FITTING advice , I told the op not to listen to joe as he was still wittering/trolling about aquapanels ...

I took the argument too General boards .....an see here
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=71766
I left joe well alone after he wanted an argument THERE....where he thought he was right again ..lol

an of course we're good ...;)

Jasonb said:
Moz is right on this one.

Aquapanel, hardibacker etc are not affected by contact with water BUT they will both let water pass into and through them, just pour water on either of them and watch it soak in.

The tanking will also seal the joint between the two different types of wall construction where you will get differential movement.

With the trend to fit high pressur/flowshowers the spec for shower cubicles needs to be higher than for a domestic shower which is basically defined as a shower hose off a mixer tap from a gravity fed system.

Jason

You'd better tell Knauf and their 18,000 employees then. They make the stuff and don't know how to use it.

Funny that isn't it? You'd think that somewhere along the line they'd have tested the stuff wouldn't you?

Think of all the legal action that must be in the pipeline because people followed their instructions and flooded their houses.

Come on mate, smell the coffee.

Sponsored Links
Moz said:
richie
I didnt want the argument , an I didnt give him one , I gave the CORRECT FITTING advice , I told the op not to listen to joe as he was still wittering/trolling about aquapanels ...

I took the argument too General boards .....an see here
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=71766
I left joe well alone after he wanted an argument THERE....where he thought he was right again ..lol

an of course we're good ...;)

I gave him the advice given on the official Knauf website (makers of Aquapanel).

I guess knauf and their 18,000 emplyees are wrong then?

I'm gonna have to laugh.

I've given the official instructions re use. Can't get more right than that.

And if you look in the right place on the Knauf PROFESSIONAL website not the DIY site you will see the use of a "sealing tape" betwen the Aquapanel and tile adhesive :!: when using in wet areas, well joe did say look at the knauf site didn't he :LOL:

Jason

Like I said - this is the OFFICIAL advice from the manufacturer. If you don't like the advice they give then take it up with them - don't shoot me - I'm just the messenger. I only report what the MANUFACTURER puts on the OFFICIAL website.

Go on Jason, tell Knauf and their 18,000 employees that they haven't got a clue.

admit your wrong Joe.
he won't :LOL:

Moderator 4

although im tempted to let you dig a bigger hole for yourself joe, you have been warned already. if you have advice to give, then give it. if it is disagreed with the reader can make their own mind up, based on the consensus on the topic. This is NOT the place to carry on petty arguments. If you want to do that get a job in your local pantomine. You wont be warned again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back