wickes combi 102 aka halstead ace high, hotwater problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

we have an wickes combi 102 (aka halstead ace high) fitted 3 years ago and have had no problems with at all, until lately.

The problem is that when you turn the hot water tap on the burner won't fire up and the water comes out cold . Unless you put the hot water tap ON FULL it will then work and hot water will come out.

It used to work if you just slightly turn the hot tap on.

How do i make it more sensitive again??

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply weareleeds.

it has worked fine for 3 years ,
Is it easy to set the Flow rate @ makers set ,
and why would it change .
It the hot water tap used to always be hot if you just turned it half way on.

When its full on it still takes 10-15 seconds before the burner lights up and i'm sure was instant before

Sponsored Links
thanks gordongas, how much appox is an domestic diahgram and would it be easy to fit. i suppose i can order it direct from halstead.

Received wisdom is that Halstead parts are very expensive. The reason given that they are a small company with poor buying power (basically nobody makes boilers they are all assembly plants. I should know I used to work at Dagenham Engine plant, I know what manufacturing processes look like, haven't seen any manufacturing processes at so called boiler manufacturers yet.

So what you wants is the larger of the two diaphragms for an Ariston eurocombi mffi 27 or a Aristn Genus. It's a failry generic part but be careful you aren't sold the much more common diaphragm with a hole in the middle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back