Potterton Baxi Combi 80e gas valve

I am not surprised that you are ranting after paying about £100 more than expected!

But you have noticed a problem many of us find that whatever we charge its too much for some people.

I quoted £60 to fix an unquantified leak and sent the engineer and he fixed it quickly and only asked for £30 ( in London! ). The customer called a week later saying that something else was leaking but he expected it to be fixed at no extra charge! He is 93 but still goes to see his dentist.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks Tony - you got that right!
But you have noticed a problem many of us find that whatever we charge its too much for some people
Thanks again. You know where to come for advice on arts pojects!

Agile said:
The customer called a week later saying that something else was leaking but he expected it to be fixed at no extra charge! He is 93 Tony

I have a blind lady in her 90's I fitted full heating for, because of her circumstances I put in a Buderus regular boiler with open vent (can't see pressure guage) and gave her 5 year no quibble warrantie on everything.

Anyhow so far under the terms of my 5 year no quibble guarantee on the heating system I installed, the heating has been trouble free, but I've responded to emergency distress in a flash once because the rcd has tripped when a light bulb blew, defrosted her fridge, fixed a leak at the back of the washing machine, and donated two shower hoses (She twists them to death in 6 months).

All through the install I was batted from pillar to post over my design plans by a relative who decided he knew better by esp because he was once a British Gas engineer back in the Ideal e type days, though he has never seen the flat. Of course his system didn't work and at my own cost I had to go back to what I had planned all along.

But she's a sweet old thing who always blesses me and cares about my children.

My uncle was a locksmith and used to do similar freebies for the elderly "I was hoping someone would do same for me when I was old" now he's in his late 80's and nobody has helped him out like this yet. He lives in Cheltenham.

Sponsored Links
BOB..DOLE said:
robhiston said:
I thought you said in your last post that it did fire up but died after a few seconds.

And if thats the case its just the flame rectifacation device about £15 and £45 labour

On an 80E ?

I don't think so

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back