Water pressure reducing valve ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We had a new bathroom fitted a few months ago, including a new electric shower. When the shower is turned on to the hot setting, it makes a loud squeaky sound, which you can eventually get rid of by turning it to a colder setting (annoying to say the least!). We're also getting a loud "clunk" whenever we use a cold tap/washer is on, etc. ... this has been a slight problem since we moved into the house a couple of years ago, but is much worse since our new bathroom was fitted. We've tried turning the water pressure down, which has slightly reduced the clunking noise, but it's still pretty loud.

We've been told that, if the noise from our shower goes when the cold water tap is turned on, it's likely we need a pressure reducing valve. This is the case and so my question is .... can anyone give me some idea of how much it would cost for a plumber to come out to us to do this? Also, is it likely that, should we have a valve fitted, this would solve, not only the problem of the squeaky shower, but also the loud noises from the cold taps?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

x

Please note forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
valve is around £25.00+vat----- rates vary but try a search in the Find an expert section of Diynot ;)

Many thanks. We're actually more interested in getting someone to fit one for us and I was wondering if this would be very expensive?

Also, does anyone know if fitting one of these could put both our problems right? (i.e. squeaking shower/clunking noise from cold taps)

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back