TV Aerial fixing loose?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Should a TV aerial if attached to a chimley be loose where it is attached. In the recent high winds we have had the aerial seems to be moving around quite a lot and banging on the bracket (I guess). It looks OK but the fitting does not seem to be secure unless they are designed to be like this?

Sponsored Links
Raider said:
In the recent high winds we have had the aerial seems to be moving around quite a lot and banging on the bracket
Shouldn't flap about too much and depend where the flapping is, it may loosen the connection eventually if it's near the connection box, cable tie good for this

masona said:
Raider said:
In the recent high winds we have had the aerial seems to be moving around quite a lot and banging on the bracket
Shouldn't flap about too much and depend where the flapping is, it may loosen the connection eventually if it's near the connection box, cable tie good for this

Do you feel it will do any damage to the chimiley stack?

Sorry, I've mis-read your post. :oops:

All the brackets or pole fittings should not be loose and should be tight. The top end of the pole do bend slightly in the wind and that's normal but not the bottom half. I'm guessing you have these round your chimney? If so, may only need tighten again unless one of the bonded wire snapped
MX330.JPG

Or this, again just need tighten
MX341.JPG

Sponsored Links
All sorted now. The bracket and wire fixings were all OK but the deflectors at the end of the aerial had come loose. It was an aerial where these could not be tightened so new aerial now up.

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back