vauxhall zafira heater

thx guys for the info i did zafira heater motor in jig time using star screw driver of my socket set worked a treat thx :)

Sponsored Links
I have a similar problem, ie my heat doesnt work but it does not make any noise it just blows out cold air constantly. If water is added to the radiator it heats up slightly or after its been driven for hours then it goes off the chill but otherwise Its freezing and the de mister on the windscreen takes forever but the rear one takes seconds???

Any advice on how to DIY it i would be grateful.

This is the same problem i have on a Zafira i bought last week (of course it wasnt mentioned in the sale!), really looking forward to giving the fix ago when i get home.

Thanks everyone

hey everybody... registered to say a thanx to all for the pointers... just repaired the faulty heater on my 99 zafira.. i went with the brute force method of decimating the bottom of the valve motor & improvising... i.e fitting a manual control under it in the shape of a silicone sealant nozzle.. took a few decent pictures for the benefit of others,. view pics here - http://s659.photobucket.com/albums/.../?action=view&current=IMG_20121211_140113.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi..first and foremost a big thank you for this post - my zafira heater had been clicking for a while when turned on the heat setting - a week ago it started making a different kind of noise when it was turned on cool - the noise was painful plus the heating was gone..Followed these instructions and got the heating back in an instant - the only headache was removing the three little screws that hold the valve cover but otherwise absolutely easy..many thanks once again, regards, christian

My wife owns the Opel Zafira. It had exactly the same problem in the heater. There was a knocking noise and the heater did not work. Those three screws were too difficult for me to open. I start the car and I hit a few times with a screwdriver the valve. It opened and I turn off the ignition. I unplug the wire and now it seems to work properly.

Thank you for your help!

Hi,
I will be happy if anyone can help me with my heating problem on my 2000 1.6 zafira. Heating is not working for abt 6months now. the blower is ok and have change the heater matrix but still on cold all the time.

Sponsored Links
Back