Firring new toilet to soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I saw a post from last year - same question as mine but not sure it was answered. How do you get a new loo (Thames Modern Compact) to fit an old loo position soil pipe??

I have an old house with a downstairs bathroom. The soil pipe goes down into the concrete floor. The existing loo cistern I am removing is spaced away from the wall with some 2x4.

The new loo cistern sits on the loo body, and does not screw into the wall, being designed to be just off the wall, but does look silly 6 inches away ...and wont look nice boxed in although I suppose I could dry line the wall out to meet the loo with a shelf on top....

I have just bought a low profile 90 degree pan conector ? shape, but the cistern is still 4inches away and the pipe look like it would foul the loo base.

Would it be OK to put two 90 degree bends together and into the pan connector turned back towards the wall and with the loo to the side? I imagine this will block ...or how safe are those flexible connectors?

Any suggestions please. (sorry lots of words but I konw how you like detail...)

Cheers

Sponsored Links
IF you are into a little bit of work , you could check if the soil pipe from the pan runs straight out underground to a manhole , if it does you will have to dig down to the 4" pipe cut it to allow for a 90 degree bend to come up the outside of the house . The pipe from the pan would then go straight through the wall 90 degree bend down to meet bend coming up, fill exsisting hole in floor screw pan on wall nice and neat , job done .

howy1 said:
check if the soil pipe from the pan runs straight out underground to a manhole , if it does you will have to dig down to the 4" pipe cut it to allow for a 90 degree bend to come up the outside of the house .

Unfortunately not, it goes down about 3 feet then turns towards the manhole and under the foundations....

Thanks for the suggestion though

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back