deafning pipes!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help!! New Baxi boiler fitted, heating cant be on for more than an hour without the boiler starting to hum and vibrate which develops into the pipes vibrating at such an incredibly loud racket, like a pack of apes trying to get out! If I switch a tap on it stops, but starts again instantly. The only cure is to switch boiler off and let everything cool before switching on again and then the whole cycle repeats. what the hell is wrong, the plumber who fitted it is useless and not even corgi reg! Also since i moved in every time washing machine on every now and then during the cycle a loud thud can be heard like someone givng the pipes/tank a kick? what is this and is it linked to the other?

Sponsored Links
Tell him to sort it or your ringing CORGI .

in mean time can you post model number and detail any additional work he did , like flushing , fitting TRV`s , altering pipes , etc

Arf

angharad said:
what the hell is wrong, the plumber who fitted it is useless and not even corgi reg!

Thats what you get for using Un-registered labour.

ya pays the money and takes a chance.

Now where did he leave the horse.

turn the water supply to the house off then turn all the taps on until no water is coming then turn the taps off turn the water back on starting down stairs turn taps on until water supply is normal then turn the tap off then on to the next tap do this until all taps have been done (if any taps drip replace the washers) this should remove any trapped air in the system and solve the problem

Sponsored Links
uug197h said:
turn the water supply to the house off then turn all the taps on until no water is coming then turn the taps off turn the water back on starting down stairs turn taps on until water supply is normal then turn the tap off then on to the next tap do this until all taps have been done (if any taps drip replace the washers) this should remove any trapped air in the system and solve the problem

If it works I will eat my Corgi manual

sime10 said:
uug197h said:

If it works I will eat my Corgi manual

And I will hang my tools up :evil:

hang on I did that last month :cool:

sime10 said:
Where did you hang um I could do with some

Most of em are about 48 year old :LOL: anything thats any good I suspect me boy will be pinching.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back