Corgi Notification Fee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am being charged a corgi notification fee for a gas fire installation. However am unsure what this is?

Can any one clarify what this is / who is notified. Should I receive a certificate after the instal?

Many thanks,

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The Kennel club will send you an mot certificate for the home imformation pack saying the appliance was installed by a registered gas operative, the fact that its completely worthless and bordering on the dangerous, the dogs are also supposed to notify building control.

It should also be noted that Corgy services are using this imformation for their own ends, in contrary to data protection.

doitall said:
The Kennel club will send you an mot certificate for the home imformation pack saying the appliance was installed by a registered gas operative, the fact that its completely worthless and bordering on the dangerous, the dogs are also supposed to notify building control.

It should also be noted that Corgy services are using this imformation for their own ends, in contrary to data protection.

Is this going to be a requirement to sell a home before too long?

profile50e said:
doitall said:

Yes, many greedy estate agents and solicitors are insisting on it now at an extra cost to the seller around £1000.00.

The HIP was supposed to come in in April 2007 but was put on the back burner by Bliar, Several councils are trialing it at the moment.

yet another Brown nose stealth tax.

I saw something on whatever they now call the former odpm website about plans to do away with notification in many circumstances to reduce the red tape.
I bet nothing comes of it but it does give you the idea that somebody somewhere in government has a brain cell.

I had to do an inspection this week for someone whose buyers solicitor refused to exchange without it. The solicitor was in the wrong as it is not in statute but kind of hard to do much about it when the chain is ready to collapse. All it has done is given conveyancing solicictors another tool to trump up their importance.

I also suspect the customer has leaerned her lesson about using folk with a job in industry doing guvvy work on the side. She didn't even realise it but she was had anyway. He fitted a Ravenheat combi 6 undersized cr4p rads without trv's to existing unflushed pipework and let the condensate dribble out like a blow off valve for £2,000. She thought he was such a nice old man.

Hopefully it's the era of killing off the guvvy.

profile50e said:

For the time being I dont think that CORGI will be making any requirement that you sell your home unless you want to yourself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back