myson apollo fanfare boiler Pilot light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pilot light on my boiler has gone out and i cannot work out how to turn it back on. It is a myson apollo fanfare and is around 15 years old could anyone help me please

Sponsored Links
Push and hold in the button on the gas valve.

Press the igniter button until the pilot lights.

Wait 20-30 seconds and slowly let go of the gas valve button.

If the pilot then goes out then there is a problem with either the thermocouple, the overheat stat or perhaps the pilot flame doesnt reach the thermocouple.
The pilot burners are notoriously a problem on these and what baxpoti is getting at is the fact that so are most of its parts and they are generally a naff boiler.

You did only ask how to re-light it and I sincerely hope that the first 3 lines of this post are adequate.

The pilot light on my boiler has gone out and i cannot work out how to turn it back on. It is a myson apollo fanfare and is around 15 years old could anyone help me please

Hi, l have an old apollo boiler, 18 years old and still hobbling along, which kept doing what yours is doing re pilot light wouldn't stay lit. Transpired it was something called a 'therma coupling' that was faulty. Not technically minded myself, but diagnosed eventually by a Corgi Engineer (trusted friend l will add) last one l bought cost me about a tenner. Don't know if this is whats wrong but may be worth a try.

Sponsored Links

Hi, l have an old apollo boiler, 18 years old and still hobbling along, which kept doing what yours is doing re pilot light wouldn't stay lit. Transpired it was something called a 'therma coupling' that was faulty. Not technically minded myself, but diagnosed eventually by a Corgi Engineer (trusted friend l will add) last one l bought cost me about a tenner. Don't know if this is whats wrong but may be worth a try.
Our apollo is 20yrs young, keep it serviced every year and it will keep going.Our corgi engineer changes the thermo coupling almost every service to prevent problems like this in the winter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back