Which (condensing) Combi?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm replacing an ailing Potterton Puma 100 boiler which has given me nothing but grief with a new combi condensing unit.

I'm torn between a Baxi Platinum (because of its 5 year guarantee), and one of the Worcester-Bosch Greenstar range (probably a 25si). Basically I need something which is reliable and hassle-free.

Any advice?

Sponsored Links
They don't give 5 year warranties for no reason on the Platinum,

before installing a new boiler, thoroughly clean the radiator system and add a quality inhibitor

The decision is yours

baxpoti said:

Theres 2 ways of reading that! Either they are so crap that the only way to shift them is by giving a 5 year warranty. Or they are so good that they can afford to give a 5 year warranty. Which one did you mean?

before installing a new boiler, thoroughly clean the radiator system and add a quality inhibitor

The decision is yours

Ok thanks very much for the advice. How do I go about cleaning the radiator system btw?

Its a pretty average combi with two levels of warranty length. You pay for what you want!

Remember to keep the long guarantee the boiler must be serviced every year AND installer problems are not covered.

The most common cause of boiler malfunction is dirt in the system because it was not properly cleaned at installation.

Tony

Sponsored Links
baxpoti said:

The decision is yours

And put a magnaclean filter on the CH return pipe.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

Agile wrote:
Its a pretty average combi with two levels of warranty length. You pay for what you want!

Remember to keep the long guarantee the boiler must be serviced every year AND installer problems are not covered.

The most common cause of boiler malfunction is dirt in the system because it was not properly cleaned at installation.

Tony

What might these dirt related probkems be?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back