Biasi problems c28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
couple of things,

1) the timer keeps stopping so I think I need a new one! but if anyone has any ideas as to why it goes along happily for a couple of hours and then stops working that would be great.

2) and more worryingly: we had the boiler serviced (that's when the timer started to play up) there is now a constant trickle of water coming out of the outside pipe . I had to refill and rebleed the system after a weekend away because the boiler shut down due to the pressure being a big fat 0!

Sponsored Links
Ask the service engineer to take a look at it. If he`s a reasonable bloke he won`t mind. Maybe he dumped the water out the boiler through the prv to service it, and a bit of sludge is not allowing it to seat correctly.
Or maybe, because it`s a biasi, the clock is a wind up one! :LOL:

The C28 is the designation of the rebadged Biasi M90 boiler as sold by Ideal.

Is yours really an Ideal C28 or is it really a Biasi 28S ??? If you dont know then post a picture!

These boilers have completely different types of timeclock and pressure relief valves.

Who did the service?

Tony

IT's a Biasi 28s it says so on the front panel! the service was done via a friend who works for Robert Heath

Sponsored Links
Right, we have now established its a Biasi 28S rather than a C28 as originally stated.

Be aware that if your friend serviced your boiler when he was not employed for the job by Robert Heath then he was not CORGI registered!

The 28s timer is a quartz movement with battery backup and if it stops after two hours is presumed faulty. They apparently have a list price of about £86 so I read on this forum. We last supplied one at £56 inc.

If you badly need a timeclock then an external programmable thermostat may be better value for money.

The PRV on the inside at the lower right has a red knob and may have been ( wrongly ) used to drain the boiler and is now leaking. If you boldly turn it to click three times it may cause it to reseal. If not then it will need to be replaced.

Its always better if you get even a routine service done by a competent engineer who is CORGI registered.

Tony

I don't think there is a problem with the question of whether he was registered or not, when the service was done he issued us with a sevice sheet and receipt. The guy was a friend of my partners ex-husband., we thought he was doing us a favour, but the engineer then went and reported back to him with gossip, etc. Hence we won't be using him again! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice, I'll pull the clock unit out and clean the contacts, etc. If that doesn't work then maybe it's time for a new one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back