Boiler cycling

hmk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ravenheat CSI Primary A Condinsing boiler starts up for a minute or so and then cuts out.This continues (time varies from 5 to 90 seconds) eventually heating rads/hot water.Seems to me hot water not leaving boiler fast enough,flow pipe gets extremely hot at boiler then cuts out.I fitted another pump, it made no differance.All help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
hmk said:
Ravenheat CSI Primary A Condinsing boiler starts up for a minute or so and then cuts out.This continues (time varies from 5 to 90 seconds) eventually heating rads/hot water.Seems to me hot water not leaving boiler fast enough,flow pipe gets extremely hot at boiler then cuts out.I fitted another pump, it made no differance.All help appreciated.

Sounds like the flame rectifacation divice .

hmk said:

Is the AAV cap open?
Is there a by-pass fitted as per instructions?
Are the flow and return valves fully open?

After that 2 main causes are a faulty CH thermistor which can mimic a flame rec fault on these.

Also there's a problem appearing now to do with the piezo/ flame sense wire and the condensate trap. Take the trap out of line and heavily insulate the joint on the wire. If it works or even if it doesnt get the new replacement for it.

Theres other stuff but that will give you a good chance of finding the problem without parting with too much money

Sponsored Links
Thanks slugbabydotcom,the answer to your first three quersions is yes, I am working on the other two.

No joy yet.Can someone confirm which side of the boiler is the flow and the return,it may have been crosconnected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back