help with no power in kitchen light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
need some help please due to bad advice,l had a small room of the kitchen and decided to remove wall and convert in too bigger kitchen ,so was left with 2 light sockets and 2 switches and want to remove one,lifted floor boards above ,followed switch back to a metal jb ,cut wires and put wires in plastic connector block,went down stairs remaining light socket switch working fine at this point,followed light socket back as before to same metal jb and cut also put wires in plastic connector block ,went down stairs ,turned power back on and now there is no power to the remaining light ,electrician friend told me to do this and nothing ,week before xmas and wife is going nuts ,please help sorry know very litttle about curcuits and is this safe just now what l have done ,thanks

Sponsored Links
I could guess what you have done here but Im not going to, sorrry but you need to get a qualifid spark in to take a look. He will work it out in minutes. Just explain on the phone and you may even get a fixed price.

Sorry if thats not what you want to hear but neither is your husbands been electricuted and is in hosptial!

I think that RobFurn gave you a good advice. There are many things that you should know before you do this kind of a job. There are certain ways to terminate , extend or cancel a circuit or part of it. If you do not follow the regulations you might put in danger your family or any one who comes to the house and if something happens; not only that you might hurt someone but your insurance will not cover you.

RobFurn said:
I could guess what you have done here but Im not going to, sorrry but you need to get a qualifid spark in to take a look. He will work it out in minutes. Just explain on the phone and you may even get a fixed price.

Sorry if thats not what you want to hear but neither is your husbands been electricuted and is in hosptial!
thanks contacted a sparkie he is coming round this weekend ,thanks again guys

Sponsored Links
Albert said:
I think that RobFurn gave you a good advice. There are many things that you should know before you do this kind of a job. There are certain ways to terminate , extend or cancel a circuit or part of it. If you do not follow the regulations you might put in danger your family or any one who comes to the house and if something happens; not only that you might hurt someone but your insurance will not cover you.
ye contacted a spark ,coming round this weekend ,thanks again fo your time guys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back