light/dimmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I changed a light the other day that is connected to a dimmer swich. There are 3 wires black,black and red, I thought one of the blacks must have been a switch wire but its not. I put the 2 blacks in the N and the red in the L
it works but it doesnt dim, any suggestions

Sponsored Links
You mean the dimmer switch turns the light on and off but thats all? What size and type of lights do you have? What is the rating on the dimmer?

yeah the dimmer turns the light on and off but it doesnt dim. I did it for a neighbour, the light is just a 5 light ceiling fitting I dont know about the dimmer switch so I dont know really what to do

sound s like the lights are 12v and run off a non dimable transformer

Sponsored Links
What type and size (wattage) of lamps does the fitting take? The dimmer will have a min and a max rating on it, what is it? It is also not unknown to get a broken dimmer switch streight out of the box.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back