THANKS! - Baxi Barcelona lockouts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I found this site and the Baxi Barcelona lockouts thread (now locked) through google and wanted to extend my thanks to the pioneers who shared all their experiences on the forum.

I inherited a Barcelona with a new house and it quickly started exhibiting the lockout problems described. My lockout was a safety lockout (fortunately the previous owner left me the full installation guide version of the manual, with troubleshooting flowcharts) and with the assistance of this forum was able to track this down to a failed combustion box door seal.

The seal had failed in the bottom left, right where a couple of other posters had experienced a failure! At circa 8 pounds this was a very cheap and easy replacement and far cheaper than paying a callout charge.

Sponsored Links
you didnt mention if you checked the burner for cracks at the same time......good chance its cracked and needs replacement

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back