Whirlpool ADP 952

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dishwasher suffers from 2 problems: up until a few days ago, it would always start the cleaning cycle at the second stge, and only after several restarts, it would start at the beginning. This last weekend, it caught a new \\\"bug\\\"- the drainage pump would turn on and then the start button would flash continuosly and nothing would convince the machine to work. Based on postings on this forum I replaced the feeler (thermostat) and it began to work, yet the wash cycle started again at the second phase. My joy lasted one whole day, for once again it acts as before, with the start light flashing continuosly. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If there is no pattern to the flashing and it's continuous on/off/on/off then it's still reporting a faulty ntc.
As parts for whirlpool are expensive it's probably going to cost less to get an engineer in to diagnose and quote for repair.
Can you elaborate on what you mean by starting at the second stage?
:)

Sleepyhead- thanks for the prompt reply-I've noticed that you often reply quickly, and it's good to know that I'm being assisted by a true pro. As I stated, I've already replaced the NTC (thermostat) and the machine worked for about 2 loads. By the second stage I mean the phases of the wash cycle. On the display panel there are 4 parts of the cycle, the first being the initial rinse and the last "end". For some reason, when I was able to coax the washer to work, it skipped over the rinse and went right to the second stage. I hope that is clear- I don't know how to explain it more. Thanks

I'll need to look up the technical data for this machine, I'll need the 12 digit number (normally starts 85) so that I get the information on your model.
Might be a couple of days before I can do this as I'm really busy at the moment. Sorry for any delay.

Although you've already replaced the NTC there was an issue a couple of years ago with faulty new ones. Does your's have a socket on it where the two blue wires plug into it?

Sponsored Links
Sleepyhead- service number is:8542 952 42010 33 9735 012473. NTC did come with a plug already attached and another spare one. It is connected with two blue wires.
Thanks

OK, had a look at the technical data, free standing machine with two pcb's. One in the door and one in the base.
Quite a complex machine and not going to be an easy one to diagnose remotely.
There are test points and test programs that a Whirlpool engineer can access.
Sorry, but it really looks like a job for a Whirlpool engineer. :confused:

Sleepyhead- thanks for all the assistance- at least now I know that I did all I could before I start shelling out my hard earned cash to a repairman. All the best!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back