Tile, Paint or Paper bathroom ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Opinions please for our small bathroom.

I have tiled around the bath/shower and will put putting tiles on the small window ledge and next to the sink on the wall.
Is it best to also tile around the window, or can i use bathroom paint or paper. (I'd prefer paint for ease of application to be honest)

Currently on the walls there is a fair amount of bathroom paint from the previous occupants, but it's peeling in parts - is it ok to leave it on and sand it down before painting/papering over ?

What does anyone think please.
Cheers. Andy

Sponsored Links
Concussed
"OUR"
so your with a partner or wife ... ???????????????????

ask her/him as you are hopeless ...
merry xmas ...:)

I'm not hopeless at everything ! - but we're all hopeless at something - mine is knowledge of DIY ! - But i'm learning (slowly!).
So constructive comments please ;)

Concussed
only pulling your leg ......but if you have a female partner ALWAYs let them agree too the final job .....was what I was on about ..lol

Sponsored Links
In answer to your questions as for tiling around the window I'd personally paint but tiling is also an option.

As for the existing paint on the walls I'd scrap off the loose paint, sand over with some 80 grit and then PVA it! Once dry give it a miscoat of bathroom paint and then fill any imperfections. Lightly sand with sanding block and PVA any filler & apply a normal coat of paint. If you dont PVA the filler before painting with bathroom paints it will show up due to the sheen of most bathroom paints.

I'd never paper bathrooms unless you dont have a shower otherwise your asking for trouble. :D

are you saying you dont have paper in your bathroom? we always have a roll of it in ours :LOL:

Wood chip is good...gets the clinkers off. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back