Potterton 24 cutting out...

P

Pedro_79

Hi all,

I've got a problem with a Potterton Performa 24 combi boiler, where the burner keeps cutting out and re-lighting at irregular intervals. This doesn't cause too many problems with the CH, but obviously showers etc. aren't great, cos the water keeps cycling from hot to cold.

My inital thought was that it was overheating. It's only 3 years old, but I am in London so I took the primary heat exchanger out, and checked/descaled it. Seemed a decent amount of flow through it.

I put it everything back and repressurised the system. All seemed fine for 24hours, but now the same problem is back. Aaargggh!

So, I'm now thinking it could be something electrical, but I'm not sure what. Would it be worth replacing the exchanger for new anyway?

Thanks in advance :D

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
"""My inital thought was that it was overheating. It's only 3 years old, but I am in London so I took the primary heat exchanger out, and checked/descaled it. Seemed a decent amount of flow through it."""

Nice to know that you are in London. So are we!

But whats the connection between being in London and taking the primary heat exchanger out?

As you think its fine I dont see why you would want to replace it with a new one.

I expect I know what the type of problem is likely to be but its gas combustion related so I cannot detailed advice as it should be dealt with by a someone competent to work on gas.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back