fixing stainless steel radiator to stone tiles (travertine)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to fix a stainless steel radiator to a plasterboard wall that's got Travertine stone tiles. What fixings should I use and drill bit diameter ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Assuming you have all the fittings for your radiator i.e. valves and wall brackets, if not go to screwfix.com, use a 6mm masonry drill bit and plugs (code, red) and you'll be sound. Nice tiles those Travertines

I tried a new masonry bit on them but it took ages to drill and chipped he tiles around the hole quite badly. Another trip to B&Q for a Bosch Multi Purpose bit (diamond in the tip) and that went through them like a knife through butter.

Job done.. and yes those tiles do look nice.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I was a bit assuming. Those Travertine tiles are a natural stone from Iran. There composition is such that they have real hard bits in them and other bits quite soft. Just the way mother nature made them. But boy when you hit a hard area on cutting or drilling it can be a bit frustrating getting through. For cutting I use a diamond disc and for drilling I use masonry bit on a hammer drill remembering to let the disc or the drill and bit do the work. Sometime it's done to a mountain of patience and yes even then they can split or crack. Just be light on the tools and patient and you'll get there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back