Electra 1200 won't give me my clothes back

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
Just bought today a second-hand Electra 1200. Tried it out with some clothes, seemed to be working well and went through the wash, rinse and spin cycles fine. It was silent for a while, so I assumed it had finished. I tried to open the door but it wouldn't budge, either switched on or off. Now it won't do anything - I tried to do another programme but nothing happens!
Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Try pushing on the door in the region of the latch as you squeeze the release handle then try to open it. Failing that, does it have a "door locked" indicator?

jj4091 said:
Try pushing on the door in the region of the latch as you squeeze the release handle then try to open it. Failing that, does it have a "door locked" indicator?

Tried that, no joy, and there isn't any 'door locked' indicator. Cheers for the help though, I'm worried it might have blown a fuse or something. Grr, that's two washing machines broken down on me in one week (the first one's bearings came loose so nothing to do with electrics in the house).

Cheers, again.

Sponsored Links
All sorted now, the pecker mechanism just needed to be moved around a little and the door miraculously opened up :D I think the pecker thingy just got stuck while the drum was spinning and couldn't get back to the 'door open' point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back