Just had my first burst pipe job this winter

Sponsored Links
Down here in the sunny south, the plumbers hardly remember burst pipes.

(but you've reminded me to put the anti-frost heater on, in the garage)

This was a very remote garage and the pipes were lagged with 9mm, it transpires they should have used 19mm.

The horrifying thing was there are two stand pipes in the garden also and no way of isolating any of it from the house or anywhere, and no evidence of double check valve inside the house as required by water regs.

Usual other scenario family stop cock walled up by kitchen fitters, though a middle class family who run a nursing home they didn't have the intelligence to look at the pavement outside the house (or to prevent kitchen fitters doing such a stupid thing).

Nice kitchen though.

That Ferolli Arena 30 A job other day (it's a sort of s plan system boiler with two pumps and two flow and returns so I knew there was a cylinder somewhere). Couldn't find cylinder, asked where it was. "It's in there" we were stood in kitchen she glanced at a tiled wall. Yep they had buried it in a chimney and tiled over.

Nice kitchen though.

What is it with perfectly intelligent looking people that they act like morons when it comes to plumbing?

Paul Barker said:
What is it with perfectly intelligent looking people that they act like morons when it comes to plumbing?

Like most things, they only think what it will look like after its finsihed, not how will any one be able to gain access to it

Sponsored Links
Paul Barker said:

What is it with perfectly moronic looking plumbers they act all intelligent....... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back