Worcester Danesmoor 15/19 - Oil Fired ** now with pics **

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,
I have just moved to a new house with the above mentioned conventional oil boiler. The problem i have , is that even on full power the tops of some of the radiators arent getting hot. I have bled them ( nowt comes out , water or air) and the boiler appears to be doing what it should.

At my previous house i had a gas combi unit that occasionally did the same thing. Nice easy fix , recharge system with water to 1.5bar on the guage on the front of the machine and away to go!

My question is this , does this boiler need the same thing doing to it , and if so how do i do it ? I cant see an obvious guage anywhere .

Any suggestions appreciated :)

Thanks

Box

Sponsored Links
Hi oilman ,
Done that , can obviously see what I am assuming is the pump. What next plz ?

Here are pics of what I can see inside. I have zoomed the pics on the only guage like thing i can see . Hope this helps :confused:

PC290099.jpg

PC290100.jpg

Sponsored Links
Oh , ok . So where do I recharge the system with water ? Any ideas plz ?

Cheers Kev , the link I posted was from the link you posted , if you get what I mean .

Can I assume you mean the ''How to restore the pressure in a sealed heating systems.'' ?

If so the instructions appear to relate to a combi boiler setup which isnt what I have.

Here are some more pics of what I found in an adjacent cupboard.

I cant feel any cold pipes which I would expect to be a cold feed. Is this then a sealed system ?

This is slowly starting to drive me nuts :rolleyes:

Thanks for the assistance :)

PC290104.jpg

Oh poo , its just dawned on me that there is a tank in the cupboard upstairs. Should I be filling this instead ?

Yes there are two, a large one and a smaller one next to it , approx 1/3 its size

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back