Baxi 105e HW, but no CH - help it's X-mas and i'm near-blue!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
PLEASE HELP! My little boy and I are freezing to death and it's nearly X-mas - CH failed today, 18h00 22nd December. :(((
Getting HW fine, but CH not working. No warning lights on boiler, but temp indicated correctly. Pressure within limits. CH light never comes on though, even if setting put at max - HW light illuminates correctly.
Have tried resetting unit, to no avail. Have noticed though that pump (and maybe fan) seem to be running continuously - it does this even if you select just hot water, with temp setting at absolute minimum.
Have tried disconnecting timer, but makes no difference. Have bypassed safety thermostat, but no change. Have tried running hot water, as per other posts, to see if rads kicked in, but again no difference.
Currently suspecting PCB as they seem common failure point, but would appreciate advice - don't want to spend £100 unnecessarily.
System is actually quite new, but was installed by previous owners of property and hence don't know warranty situation.
If it is the PCB, does anybody know where I can get one in Ipswich. I know they're available on-line, but I don't want to wait until the New Year to receive one. Don't mind travelling a reasonable distance!
Many thanks in anticipation of your kind help and a happy X-mas to all.

Sponsored Links
It sounds like its stuck in hot water mode
try...........
open a hot tap and turn off the cold mains isolator to the boiler
next
locate and have a look at the hot water diaphragm microswitch (green wires)
should be open circuit (not activated)

have a look at the heating diaphragm microswitch (red wires)
With heating demand and pump on, should be closed circuit

lots more to look at so don't despair

if it is a thermistor you should have a red flashing light over the corresponding fault

You may be able to get it to manually provide CH by removing the diverter valve head and operating it manually.

Have you considered a service engineer?

Tony

Sponsored Links
why ask for the serial no?we fitted a baxi in august serial number said it was made in 05 baxi would not come out under warranty unless we could provide proof of purchase,no prob we only fitted 1500 of these boilers this year :rolleyes: when the suppliers contacted baxi 30/12/06 was the date given before an engineer could call,no wonder they give a 5 year warranty it takes them that long to get round all the broken piles that masqurade as boilers :LOL: :LOL:

Thats normal to ask for a proof of purchase if the manufacture date is over 15 months before for a one year warranty.

Of course the CORGI notification should take place of that now!

TOny

no gwn done tony we notify building control for free :LOL:

why ask for the serial no?

I'm trying to help the bloke instead of just bickering and moaning :D

no bickering or moaning being done :LOL: just telling the truth about certain baxi products :LOL:,as all the spares places are closed a pensioner would of had a cold xmas if left to baxi but an employee of another company had a spare one so the INSTALLER helped them out ,which is more than can be said for baxi :rolleyes:

serial numbers don't just tell us the age they also tell us the exact model, and when parts were changed within a model range.

I fitted an Alpha regular boiler the other day bought from pts which was a year old. Even if Alpha did quibble, which they won't, I'm sure I have all the parts to fix it anyway whenever they may be required.

paul it was a baxi solo pf3 not too much has changed in them for years

Many thanks for your responses, especially at this time of year! As quickly as the unit stopped working, it has started again. I suspect it will go again at some point, but for the time being it is OK and I don't want to touch it for fear of breaking it.
Should the system fail again at a future point, I will take note of your kind responses and do further investigation.
Have a great X-mas and (probably) see you in the New Year! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back