Glow worm Fuelsaver F - Banging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've just moved in to a new house and boiler packed up more or less sraight away (figures!). It\\\'s all sorted now but when we turn the heating on, after about 5-10 minutes the boiler starts a routine of firing up and then lets out a loud bang and stops for a bit. It repeats this every 5 mins and is quite annoying!! :rolleyes:

Someone suggested there could be trapped air in the boiler/pipes and I just need to release the air until water spills out next to the water tank.

Is this correct? or will I blow the house up?

Sponsored Links
Just to clarify that we are getting heating and hot water without any problems apart from the sodding banging!! :cry:

It could be water boiling in boiler, I suggest you could look at the boiler temp, if set too high it?, or water pump running too slow? A build up of sludge & muck in system ( needs flushing )? Scale (in hard water area)?
But my system was banging all the time not only once every 5 mins?
What else changed when the boiler was repaired ?

Our Glow Worm Combi (6 months old) is banging a bit like yours - weve had the ignitor replaced for a 'new' type which made little difference and have been told that it may now be a sticking valve.

Sponsored Links
Your new Glow Worm combi is a completely different design to the old boiler being discussed here and totally irrelevant.

He has a water banging problem not noisy ignition.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back