Bosch Dishwasher filling up with water overnight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a used Bosch dishwasher off of Craigslist 6 months ago. It's about 5 years old. It's been working perfectly since I've owned it until now. What happens is that I will run a cycle in it, empty the dishes and then wake up the next morning and there is water in the tub almost up to the bottom door seal. Now if I run it in that condition, water will start dripping on the floor because there is too much water in it already. Instead, I have to start one of the cycles, then hit cancel/drain. THEN I can restart my cycle and it will work perfectly....until the next morning when I wake up and it's full of water again.

I have installed an airgap and have the drainline routed properly now so I'm 99% sure that water is not coming back through the drain. I think the whatever controls the water coming in to the dishwasher (solinoid or valve) is leaking.

Is this unheard of? Expensive? Should I cut my losses and buy a new one? (also expensive) Any suggestions?

-Geordy

Sponsored Links
Is the water inlet the only possiblity? Could it be anything else? Such as a solinoid or is that part of the water inlet? I hate to throw money around. Looks like a lot of parts down there (in the picture). I haven't pulled it out and don't want to until I have the part in my hand ;)

Sponsored Links
I have a shu3322uc-11. It says on the Bosch site that it's $55.10. Water Inlet part #263833. Just want to make sure I have the right part since you're saying it's $20.

grostad said:
Just want to make sure I have the right part since you're saying it's $20.

I never said that, I said
breezer said:
its the whole valve, overe here they only cost around $20

you never said it was a

grostad said:
I have a shu3322uc-11.

until just now

your first post said

grostad said:
I bought a used Bosch dishwasher off of Craigslist 6 months ago. It's about 5 years old. It's been working perfectly since I've owned it until now. What happens is that I will run a cycle in it, empty the dishes and then wake up the next morning and there is water in the tub almost up to the bottom door seal. Now if I run it in that condition, water will start dripping on the floor because there is too much water in it already. Instead, I have to start one of the cycles, then hit cancel/drain. THEN I can restart my cycle and it will work perfectly....until the next morning when I wake up and it's full of water again.

I have installed an airgap and have the drainline routed properly now so I'm 99% sure that water is not coming back through the drain. I think the whatever controls the water coming in to the dishwasher (solinoid or valve) is leaking.

Is this unheard of? Expensive? Should I cut my losses and buy a new one? (also expensive) Any suggestions?

-Geordy

nowhere in that does it say anything other than its a bosch.

Its not my problem how much you have to pay for it, but clear water in an appliance is caused by a valve letting water in

Right on. Just double-checking. I don't expect you to be a mind reader on what appliance I have. :oops: I will give it a shot and let you know how it turns out. Thanks for you help!

no problem, may i also suggest you try a search for the part or a generic one, probably less dosh

grostad said:
... Now if I run it in that condition, water will start dripping on the floor because there is too much water in it already...

What makes you say that? have you tried it?

When you start a Bosch dishwasher over here, the first thing it does is pump out any water already in the cabinet, befeore it starts to refill with fresh.

Yeah, I've tried it. When I first started having the problem, I thought it was something else because it would spew water onto the floor because the water level was above the lower door seal once the cycle started.

I thought that the dishwasher DID pump any excess water out when you first start the cycle because it sounds like it does but if I open the door after I start the cycle and shortly after I hear the pumping noises, the tub is still full of water and at this point it's dripping over the hinges.

I went out of town for two days and turned off the water to my dishwasher while I was gone (with an empty tub). Came back, no water in the tub. Turned on the water before I went to bed, opened it up in the morning and I had the expected tub full of water.

I think that pretty well narrows it down to the water inlet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back