New heating system questions

So, if I diy my boiler install and follow the MI,s to the letter and the boiler turns out to be faulty ,then the manufacturer will have to fix the fault ,replace the boiler or give me a refund and no need for the dog.
Or will the dog start barking ??.

if the MI'S state it must be fitted by an rgi no
however if it states a "competent person" and you can prove competency
you have ****ed it but proving it is a grey area :confused:

Sponsored Links
Softus wrote

False. The need to be fitted by an RGI is both a requirement of the Building Regulations and an express term of the contract of sale.

Not, if its a diy install. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

kevplum wrote

Then I will just have to purchase one that doesnt stipulate the need for an rgi. :D

kevplum wrote

and you can prove competency
you have p****d it but proving it is a grey area

Yeah but if their is a disagreement between say a diyer who followed the MI,s to the letter during the installation and a component becomes faulty then the manufacturer have no way of proving the diyer is not competent.

Sponsored Links
Bigburn said:
The exact amount of time depends on the product.
Where does the legislation make a distinction between products?

Bigburn said:
Softus wrote

False. The need to be fitted by an RGI is both a requirement of the Building Regulations and an express term of the contract of sale.

Not, if its a diy install. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I stand corrected. I mixed up several facts into one, and I apologise.

I should have written:

1. The need to notify the LABC is a requirement of the Building Regulations.
2. The need to be commissioned by a competent person is an express term of the contract of sale.
3. The need to be installed by a competent person is a requirement of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations.

Softus wrote

Does it tell you why you think that the legislation makes a distinction between products?

I dont think that.
That info is written in the link I provided though it doesnt give precise details on any statutory legislation regarding distinction of products that I am aware off.

kevplumb said:
The guarantee CANNOT overide the law - such as they will not honour a guarantee if no Gorgi badged fitter fitted it. The laws says no such thing,

try testing it in a court of law then the MI's overrule the regs mister

The law is the law - END. Boy some people here are so dim.

Bigburn said:
All customers have up to six years to claim compensation (in Scotland, five years from discovery of the problem).
The exact amount of time depends on the product.
Softus said:
Where does the legislation make a distinction between products?
Bigburn said:
That info is written in the link I provided though it doesnt give precise details on any statutory legislation regarding distinction of products that I am aware off.
So - would it be more accurate, and less misleading, to say that the exact amount of time doesn't depend on the product?

Bigburn said:
kevplum wrote

Then I will just have to purchase one that doesnt stipulate the need for an rgi. :D

Tripe. The law is the law. A competent DIYer doesn't need Corgi and the maker has to honour the guarantee - END

So a search on my name as I gave the law on it.

Basically you have to be competent to fit gas appliances. If you do it for money you need to be Corgi registered. It is THAT SIMPLE. All the loonies here constantly attempt to say the law is wrong and go, on, and on, and on. Boy are they are dumb! You couldn't make it up man.

Bigburn said:
kevplum wrote

and you can prove competency
you have p****d it but proving it is a grey area

Yeah but if their is a disagreement between say a diyer who followed the MI,s to the letter during the installation and a component becomes faulty then the manufacturer have no way of proving the diyer is not competent.

The DIYer must be competent as it is fitted properly.

Water Systems said:
kevplumb said:
The guarantee CANNOT overide the law - such as they will not honour a guarantee if no Gorgi badged fitter fitted it. The laws says no such thing,

try testing it in a court of law then the MI's overrule the regs mister

The law is the law - END. Boy some people here are so dim.

as i have said before salesman go peddle your crap on another forum

you aint competent you are just a **** stirrer :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back