Lead paint and old decorators

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
A recently-retired local builder (aged 62) who sold up to spend more time with his new wife and his allotment has been getting increasingly forgetful.

We thought it might be old-timers disease hitting him early, but after he found he couldn't remember the way to the local (very large and well-known) hospital to visit his son after an accident, his wife persuaded him to see his doctor.

After tests by a consultant it seems he has lead traces which have damaged his brain. No treatment available. Consultant has advised him to do lots of crosswords to keep his brain active :cry:

Presumably caused by sanding and burning off old lead paint over the years, or possibly lead-burning on roofs.

Sponsored Links
Your'e trying to cheer me up???? :cry: :cry: :LOL: :LOL:

Perhaps my wife is rite :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

I think all that stuff about lead in paint causing people harm is a load of old rubbish..

Oh, happy easter by the way...

Great, tough, guy, that I was lucky enough to serve my time under, died a few years ago and the coroner put his death down to lead paint over the years.

Sponsored Links
I see we are back onto the Lead in Paint Debate. Well i am still awaiting for a reply from a certain Piant Maker (sent 6 months ago) about there quote "NO ADDED LEAD" and what it Legaly means. I asked, does the mentioned quote mean "NO LEAD IN PAINT AT ALL" or does it mean "WE ADDED NO MORE LEAD". Still waiting for response.

Third_Eye said:
I see we are back onto the Lead in Paint Debate. Well i am still awaiting for a reply from a certain Piant Maker (sent 6 months ago) about there quote "NO ADDED LEAD" and what it Legaly means. I asked, does the mentioned quote mean "NO LEAD IN PAINT AT ALL" or does it mean "WE ADDED NO MORE LEAD". Still waiting for response.

:) Good one Third Eye!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back