Knocking boiler

TGB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Suprima 50 and a Boilermate II, both are 8yrs old nearly. The boiler has now developed a knock, presumably due to a build up of scale. Several products I have looked at using to descale the boiler/system specify that it should not be used on primatic sytems, ie where the mains pressure is used for hot water, as in Boilermate II. Does anyone have a solution, other than replacement of the boiler or heat exchanger? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Several products I have looked at using to descale the boiler/system specify that it should not be used on primatic sytems, ie where the mains pressure is used for hot water,

that's not primatic

primatic1.jpg

this is a primatic cylinder

as in Boilermate II.

wonder why they are called sludge buckets :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
The boiler has now developed a knock, presumably due to a build up of scale.

try sludge :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Kevplumb, Thanks. That is what I actually thought, but it just shows that those who work at PlumbCenter do not necessarily know better. Presumably I can safely use the products that are supposed to reduce noise? Do they actually work?

Sponsored Links
Kevplumb, Many thanks, I will try either the Fernox superconcentrate or the Sentinel one. Many thanks for your help.

ChrisR, Many thanks, but does that work any better than any other products?

The chemical cleaner does seem to help you wash the sludge out.

The boiler silencer in my slight experience did not seem to do anything.

They're different. The Silencer doesn't attempt to remove scale (though there is a Boiler Descaler which I thnk you can also leave in), it raises the boiling point of the water, to shut it up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back