Noises from the airing cupboard!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:(

I need some advice please.

About three weeks, everytime we flushed the loo it would make like a groaning noise towards the end of the flush cycle!

At the same time, one of our bedroom radiators had cold spots so we bled the radiator and the cold spot went! happy days!

BUT now the groaning noise has gone from the toilet( was that luck???) and there is now a whirling noise coming from the circulating pump which is located in the airing cupboard, which is next door to the toilet.

The noise happens all the time even when the heating/water is off. It is obviously noiser when we put the heating/water on.

Please answer my question, it's driving us nuts!!!!!!!!!

:( :( :(

Sponsored Links
I would guess the noise after flushing would b the ballvalve washer in the toilet so no connection in bleeding a as a cure. what type of boiler have u . if its a combi u made need to add water to the system to repressure it after bleeding a rad.

[/b][/quote]

Thanks for your reply.

We dont have a combi, we have a bolier called an Ideal Icos it's only been installed in the last year or so.

But its still a pressurised system!

What did you think the pressure gauge on the left underside of the icos is meant to be for?

You need to repressurise it to about 1.4 bar with the boiler switched off.

As a kind of design fault they have put the pressure gauge on the flow and the pressure increases when the boiler pump is on !!!

Tony

Sponsored Links
so much 4 benchmark rules on explaining how the installation works.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back