w/c leaking, randomly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of weeks ago the upstairs wc leaked whilst we were out, caused a bit of damage in the room beneath.

I went to investigate the leak but couldnt identify where it was coming from, it had appeared to have stopped. but i isolated the water to the cistern as a precaution.

the next day id just presumed the fibre washer was at fault and replaced it and turnued the water back on, all was fine for at least a week.

now ive been away over xmas, and it has leaked again (twice! said my relatives who were house sitting a couple of days.

that was 3 days ago i havent dare touch anything since as it doesnt appear to be leaking

so, sorry to waffle on, but are there any tests i can do to identify where i have water coming from on such a random basis, or any suggestions?

thank you in advance

Sponsored Links
Sprinkle some talcum powder on the floor and observe when it leaks. Might be leaking after every flush so be meticulous.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back