Novice here, unsure what problem is

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Radiators upstairs are cold at top, warm at bottom.

Initially I thought to bleed them, but I'm not sure exactly how, as the bleed valve is at the bottom of the rad, and every instruction I've found on the web shows this to be at top of rad.

Anyway, when I try bleeding, I get water out, but no sound of air escaping.

The boiler is a Glow-worm 18sxi, with 1.2 bar currently.

Any help much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Initially I thought to bleed them, but I'm not sure exactly how, as the bleed valve is at the bottom of the rad, and every instruction I've found on the web shows this to be at top of rad.

your rads are upside down :LOL: :LOL:

where do the pipes enter the rad :?: top or bottom :?:

The bleed valves are little square things (about 5.5mm square), usually at one end but sometimes at the back - at the top.

Sponsored Links
Bleed Valves aren't Valves as such. A 'Bleed Screw' would be a better description. You will find the 'bleed screw' at the top of your rad either on the end of the rad or on the back. It is a small square headed screw that requires a special 'Bleed Key' to fit in order to bleed the rad. A Bleed Key can be purchased at B&Q etc for a few pence.

Hope that makes sense.

Blasphemous said:
. A Bleed Key can be purchased at B&Q etc for a few pence.

Actually probably 99 pence if they match the Wickes price !

Trouble with the Wickes ones is they fall apart and you have to solder them together if you still have the tubular bit. I have two handles only on my key ring!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back