Hotpoint first ed wm53

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above washing m/c which is stopping half way through each wash cycle then starting again about 20 mins later on its own but then will not spin at all, i take it from reading the forum its the brushes that need changing again but i only had them changed about 6 months ago and the 6 months before that too. The prewash cycle also does not work at all. Machine is approx 6 years old. Any comments would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
If you only had them replaced six month ago, and six months before that, it's now six months later, so, buy two sets, one for now and one set for six month from now :LOL: or, buy originals, last a lot longer.

If the previous set of brushes were worn after six months you may have to consider a new motor. Raised or damaged armature sections in the motor will prematually wear out brushes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back