new toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Disenchanted with the bogs of today (Villeroy yuk!) I managed to source a used but mint condition syphonic wc in white for less than the price of a pint.

The broad and calm lagoon avoids the side smear problem and associated brushing. The "short drop" avoids the startling Bismark shell plume effect. The long pan means I don't dribble on the rim.

The effortless hand of the atmosphere silently and efficiently disposes of the evidence of those natural functions that are best performed in solitude. Good for c**pping as well!

Works fine with a 9 litre cistern syphon. One flush does the job so I don't feel bad about it. I've brought back a little of the grace and space of the 1970s to my old house. I'll start on the Telly next.

please note forum rule 20, this post has been split

Sponsored Links
Just so long as you realise it's illegal to install it.

And don't anyone go using 9l cisterns with modern pans, it isn't clever. If the pan blocks, it'll overflow, see.

3 gallons :eek: the largest I`ve seen was 2 1/2 on a 2 trap syphonic :LOL: the name on the pan was hyper bole ;)

Sponsored Links
Nige F said:
Still making plans , nowhereman ;)
Well, the wor-or-or-orld is certainly at his command - see how he uses his powers to resurrect a two year old topic. ;)

Just bought a new bathroom suite recently (from B&Q) and the toilet is excellent. The cistern holds 6 litres. Very efficient I must say, much better than the old 9 litre model. One flush clears all! :LOL:

nowhereman said:
Disenchanted with the bogs of today (Villeroy yuk!) I managed to source a used but mint condition syphonic wc in white for less than the price of a pint...

Very poetic!

And very quiet flush, as well.
I had one installed in the first house I bought, I remember it cost more than all the rest of the bathroom suite put together.

I'd buy another if they were still available.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back