Gingersnap

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's the name of the paint color that is on my hallway walls right this moment. This is my dilemma plain and simple....I've always had cream walls, white trim. I decided for something bolder....so I plunged....

I have one coat up....and it definately will need a second coat (no I did not use a primer) This is more of a way of thinking question rather than a how to do question....if I sort of like the color now, will I simply adore it when it looks right and not splotchy like it does now? I know it was a daring step...I kept saying, don't be afraid of color and the famous "it's only paint"....but it's done now. Where is Zampa when you need his opinion? Oh....btw...gingersnap is more like 'deep rust' I need feedback. :oops: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
its not brown. its is hmmmm...orangey something.
oh...and Im not on the phone...apparently I may leave a message if i so desire. It's one of those decisions that was made in haste and now Im trying to love it....the question is, will I? I need a decorators point of view.

Sponsored Links
Fear not fair maiden...

(fanfare!)...

Im here!

Well you really do have to get that second one on, it always looks lousey when its patchy.

Paint the trim and tidy the whole area up before you make a final judgement.

A room never looks finished like sheets down and tins of paint and equipment everywhere...

Hvae you considered a stencil around the edges?..it might break it up a little

I would avoid bare white with it, it will make the white look blue and quite stark in comparison..be prepared to tone it down a little with some of the rusty brown...just a dash to take the blueness out of the white.

Any good?

There really aint any rights an wrongs as such..its all about what you like..be prepared to experiement.

Some of the others on here will have different ideas and opinions too, theres hopefully one well work well for you...

A pic would be handy so we can have a laugh...er i mean...offer more advice and help ;)

mlb3c said:
Where is Zampa when you need his opinion? :LOL:

I would be happy to answer this, unfortunately.... I have the wrong name
:(

Growler said:
mlb3c said:

sorry growler.....any and all opinions are welcomed! I just knew of Zampa from when I first found diynot and found his advice very helpful. I have since, primed over the 'gingersnap'....albeit more of 'rusty radiator drainage'....and now have a blank canvas, with no idea of what to do. :?:

:cry: I like to try and find colours that were used in the period the house was built ..........must be loads of sites on t`net ;) ...I imagine a large (to us) house with a white fence round the front and a 1950`s Pontiac on the drive .......that`s my American Dream ;) :LOL:

mlb3c said:
Growler said:
mlb3c said:

sorry growler.....any and all opinions are welcomed! I just knew of Zampa from when I first found diynot and found his advice very helpful. I have since, primed over the 'gingersnap'....albeit more of 'rusty radiator drainage'....and now have a blank canvas, with no idea of what to do. :?:

Actually....I agree with Zampa :LOL:

Plus...Just done a staircase with B/white ceilings and woodwork, with the walls lined and finished in Dulux Marble White.
Almond White's a winner as well.

Throw that gingersnap, in somebody's skip :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back