Jaguar h/w

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a jaguar 23kw combi and my hot water goes on and off constantly when running hot tap up or down stairs consequently water runs hot and cold also never seems to get that hot anyway. Any clues????

Sponsored Links
the hot water heat exchanger is probably blocked up on the primary (central heating) side and is causing the boiler to overheat a wee bit

We are having the same problem with the 28kw. So it would seem the new year is going to start adventously for some. :confused:

Cheers Corgiman

HI

Had a similar problem on my Potterton boiler, hot water going cold, then hot then cold............changed hot water thermistor.....no more problems.

Don't know if this applies to yours as well, but somebody else might be able to shed some more light on the matter.

JLD

Sponsored Links
I've got a jaguar 23kw combi and my hot water goes on and off constantly when running hot tap up or down stairs consequently water runs hot and cold also never seems to get that hot anyway. Any clues????
unfortunatly i have a jaguar 23 that has had this fault. ie the hot water turns on and off and the only way to get any temperature is to turn the tap off abit makeing it all but useless. the problem is that the jaguar boiler has a secondary heat exchanger in the back of it that blocks with scale, this reduces the flow through the exchanger tripping the overheat switch then as the cold water re sets the trip the boiler starts again and so on. i have removed and cleaned the secondary heat exchanger many times on my boiler and cleaned it out ,it is a pain but it works.[/quote]

All of you with blocked plate HEs have to understand that the Jaguar boiler was sold cheaply and was always fitted without cleaning the rads so the rusty dirt migrates into the plate HE and blocks it.

Thats not the boiler's fault, its the fault of the property owner at the time who had them installed cheaply often by builders.

I think they are quite good little boilers!

Tony

All of you with blocked plate HEs have to understand that the Jaguar boiler was sold cheaply and was always fitted without cleaning the rads so the rusty dirt migrates into the plate HE and blocks it.

Thats not the boiler's fault, its the fault of the property owner at the time who had them installed cheaply often by builders.

I think they are quite good little boilers!

Tony
i dont disagree with you Tony ,they are a good boiler when allowed to be,but unfortunatly they just find it very difficult coping with an old system,i flushed mine and used the concentrated pipe cleaner but still had problems with pipe scale not rad sludge .its a shame an in line filter of some sorts isnt available ,there would b many fewer people on this site if there was. Gary

The jaguar is no different in general construction from any other standard boiler. They are no more or less likely to get a blocked plate HE.

Except that as they were sold cheaply they were never properly installed on a clean system.

There are in line strainers and magnetic filters available fron £10-£100 but power flushing is always the best way to deal with debris int he system.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back