Bosch WFL2426GB W/M

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have encountered a problem with above Bosch washing machine. Water does not drain after wash. There is no blockage in out-let hose. The pump impeller rotates and there is no debris/fluff blockage. The spin cycle is working (empty drum chamber) but the machine does sound slightly strained even without a wash-load.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You're saying that there is water in the drum, that there is no blockage, that the pump impeller rotates, but that no water comes out of the drain hose?

One of the above things must be false.

Sequence of events.

Wash on reduced time wash. Approx 1 hour later 'active' light flashing. Water not drained!

I remove the sodden clothes and bale out the remaining water.

Run spin cycle to test if machine hasn't died......still alive!!

Run reduced time cycle without clothes or powder or softener but stops with flashing light scenario.

I drain the machine via the front cover and pump cap.....as suggested in the manual. The cap/plug is free of debris and the impeller is free/able to be turned.

The water doesn't appear to be siphoning away.

Hope that this is a clearer picture!!

Have you [yet] tried draining the water off using the drain hose, to prove that the hose isn't blocked?

Sponsored Links
I had already checked the out-let hose. It was ok!

The machine is 4 years old now and owes me nothing. Perhaps more cost effective to replace it. Parts and labour being what they are.

Thanks for the help and Happy New Year.

When you say that the impeller moves, is that when pushing by hand or under its own power?

If only the former then the pump motor may have given up.

Pumps are usually cheap...

Please note forum rule 20

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back