trv's & lockshields-balancing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

in my house there are 11 rads of which 10 have a trv on one side and a lockshield on the other and one rad has a lockshield on both sides.

Since the double rad furthest away from my boiler does not get very hot my system needs to be balanced.

Some of my rads have the trv on the flow pipe and some on the return. is this going to cause a problem when balancing?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
it makes no difference to ballancing which way the water flows through the trvs as long as its ok wiyh the valve design. depends where the pump & zone vales are as to where the system starts .its not always the boiler position. try turning down the lockshields on the rads that hot first on the system mainly nearest to th pump. try 4 or 5 rads . turn the lockshield shut then open 1 turn & see if the poor rad starts to improve.

thanks bab

the valved can flow either way so i'll give it a try

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back