CH only when HW on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guy and gals... My CH system isn't working properly. The CH only works when i have the HW on... Is that normal?? The boiler controller is a Potterton EP2002 and it doesn't seem to be working to well... The HW and CH seems to come on when i select them on but they stay on after the time when they are due to switch off... I just think i'm wasting energy heating an empty house and heating up water for no reason... Do you think i just need a new controller?? If so, which do you reccommend???

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
That is an old timeswitch but it might be ya system that has to work that way .it depends if its gravity hot water or fully pumped. as for not witching off if must be knackered so replace it asap. maybe a Drayton tempus 7 or an ACL LP 722 depends what control u want .24hrs or 7 days different.

off if must be knackered
If the light on the progrsammer stays on, yes. But if the preogrammer appears to be working but the CH stays on, check then your motorised valve isn't stuck open, which would hold the boiler on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back